NEO REALMS FISHING ROD v5.0
Thank you for using the Neo Realms Fishing System! We have been working to provide you with many hours of fun and entertainment bringing fishing to Second Life since 2004!
WHAT'S NEW in 5.0:
* Autocasting! When your rod is waiting for the next catch and you activate another cast, you will get a message saying "Autocasting immediately...". This will tell your rod to cast the moment the next cast is ready, making you cast as efficiently as possible.
* You can now fish in Local Tournaments simwide! Fish anywhere in the sim when a Local Tourney is taking place.
* Rod now supports Local Custom Catches from Camp Owners!
* Rod Options: Fish filtering! You can now set your rod to get all fish in inventory, just the special items you catch, or just new fish you have never caught!
* Rod Options: Colors! You can now customize your rod colors easily!
* Rod Options: You can now set your catch result text as public whispers of results or keep it private with messages only to you.
* Rod Options: You can now turn animations on or off.
* Rod Options: You can now turn local custom catches from camps on or off.
* NEW BAIT SYSTEM! No more queue and accidentally overwriting bait! Neo-Realms fishing now uses the Tacklebox bait system! The tacklebox has storage for each type of bait, and is stored on your account. When you rez a can of bait, the quantity will automatically go into your tacklebox account. When you buy bait from a vendor, it will automatically go into your tacklebox account as well, so no rezzing of bait is even needed! You will also get a free tacklebox to rez in-world that will let you transfer bait directly to another player's tacklebox account, and even can your own bait to give away to people! You can use the swap bait button on the 5.0 rods to point to which type of bait you wish to draw from in your account.
* The 'nexttourney' button will tell you when the next global tournament is, and give you a slurl link to get there!
* The 'nextlocal' button will tell you when the next listed local tournament is available and give you a slurl link there.
* The 'worldstats' button will tell you the status of the Worldwide Best Catch, Grouchy Minigame status, and the best worldwide FishGolf round.
* The 'whereami' button will let you know the status of the sim you are in, if you may compete in global tourneys there, and if it is a Gold Camp, the current leaders of the camp competitions.
* The 'yourstats' button will take you directly to your personal fishing website, where you can access your fish caught, camp tools and reward redemption pages.
* Have a problem? Click the 'help'->'HELPTICKET' button to go directly to the web based help ticket system
* Tools -> Locations will take you to the website where you can see all the listed camps.
* Tools -> Scores will take you to the scoreboard page of the latest competition.
* Rods level to 40 now! New rod bonuses include chances to be entered into the Masters Drawing each week as well as increased chance for reward points!
1. Equip the rod by right-clicking the rod in your inventory and select "Wear".
2. Holding your rod, equip bait by rezzing a bait prim on the ground. Click the "LOAD" button on the popup dialog to load bait into your tacklebox account.
3. Click the rod, and click 'swap bait' to set the same type of bait you just loaded to be used with the rod.
4. Follow the instructions in the FISHING section below.
Be sure to click the rod at any time to get the fishing menu.
1. To fish, simply type "/1cast". This will trigger the rod to begin the fishing process. Once complete, the system will tell the rod if you were successful or not in a dialog popup. If you are successful, you will be asked if you would like to keep the fish in your inventory. There are many different kinds of fish, some with surprises inside them. :)
2. Another way to setup fishing is to use the Gesture provided in the rod. To use, say /1gesture, or click the rod to open the menu and select the "toosl"->"gesture" button to get the gesture. You can choose which function key you would like to map it to. Go to your gestures folder and activate it. Once active, you can press F2, F3, F4, or F5 to cast your line instead of typing each time.
3. You may also fish by clicking "options"->"set:POPUP"->"popup ON". This will enable the menu to popup during each wait phase, where you may then click the "cast" button each time to fish.
Note that you can click your rod at any time to open the menu. If you are in the middle of a cast, you will receive a notification that the menu will open after the cast is complete.
You may fish anywhere in the world, but when you fish at one of our Neo-Realms fishing camps, you actually keep the fish you catch, gain more experience, compete in tournaments, and may participate in quests and receive award points redeemable for prizes! For more information, please visit our website at http://fish.neorealms.com
BAIT AND ROD TYPES
Various types of rod and bait are for sale. Each type of rod and bait has a favored category of fish (i.e. to catch a medium type fish, one would want a medium rod and medium bait). The rod will determine the size of the fish, and the bait will help the ability to catch that fish. With the exception of the some free tournament modes, bait is expendable.
To equip bait, rez the bait on the ground and click "LOAD". This will load the bait quantity into your tacklebox. The tacklebox is the quantity of all bait in your account on the server.
When you buy bait from a vendor, it will go directly to your tacklebox account.
No rezzing is needed when buying from a vendor! You can also get bait gifts
from friends that will directly deposit in your tacklebox account!
To use a type of bait, wear the rod and click the 'swap bait' button. Select the type of bait you would like to draw from on your account. You're all set!
Be sure to visit http://fish.neorealms.com/rodsbait.html for more info.
As your fish, your rod continually gains experience (xp). As you accumulate xp, your rod has a chance to gain up to 25 levels. These levels provide different bonuses to fishing. Bonuses include:
levels 1-5: chance of bonus to catching fish
levels 6-10: chance of bonus to catch points
levels 11-15: chance of bonus to catch rarity
levels 16-20: chance of bonus to quest catch
levels 21-25: chance of bonus to quest catch rarity and chance of bonus to catch points
levels 26-35: chance of entry into the masters drawing each week for prizes
levels 36-40: chance to get increased reward points
Level 1: 150 xp
Level 2: 500 xp
Level 3: 2500 xp
Level 4: 5000 xp
Level 5: 10000 xp
Level 6: 16000 xp
Level 7: 23000 xp
Level 8: 31000 xp
Level 9: 40000 xp
Level 10: 50000 xp
Level 11: 60000 xp
Level 12: 70000 xp
Level 13: 80000 xp
Level 14: 90000 xp
Level 15: 100000 xp
Level 16: 110000 xp
Level 17: 120000 xp
Level 18: 130000 xp
Level 19: 140000 xp
Level 20: 150000 xp
Level 21: 160000 xp
Level 22: 170000 xp
Level 23: 180000 xp
Level 24: 190000 xp
Level 25: 200000 xp
Level 26: 250000 xp
Level 27: 300000 xp
Level 28: 350000 xp
Level 29: 400000 xp
Level 30: 500000 xp
Level 31: 600000 xp
Level 32: 700000 xp
Level 33: 800000 xp
Level 34: 900000 xp
Level 35: 1000000 xp
Level 36: 1100000 xp
Level 37: 1200000 xp
Level 38: 1300000 xp
Level 39: 1400000 xp
Level 40: 1500000 xp
To access help, click the rod, and press the "help" button.
* CAST: cast the rod
* REFRESH: reload the current stats and bait for the rod from the server
* HELP: displays this text.
* OPTIONS: click here to configure your fishing experience
* NEXTTOURNEY: displays the next global tourney and gives you a SLURL link
* SWAP BAIT: Sets the bait to use for the rod. It tells the server what type of bait to pull from your tacklebox to use.
* MANUAL: this will give you this notecard
* NEXTLOCAL: displays the next local tourney and gives you a SLURL link
* WORLDSTATS: displays the Worldwide Best Catch and other worldwide minigames info
* TOOLS: access websites and other utilities for the rod
* WHEREAMI: displays the current sim's status, if they work for global tourneys, and gets a SLURL to the location
* YOURSTATS: takes you to your personal website to access your stats and information
* SET:fish: Sets what comes to your inventory. You can allow all fish, only items, or just new fish you have never caught.
* SET:sound: Sets the casting sound on/off
* SET:anim: Sets your casting animation on/off
* SET:popup: Sets the blue menu popup on after catches, always on after each cast, or never popup
* SET:chat: Sets catch announcements to whisper (ON) or to keep private to yourself (OFF)
* SET:local: Turns local custom catches on/off
* RESTORE: should your rod have problems, click this to attempt to restore settings. Note: only click this if you are having problems!
* LOCATIONS: visits the NR website with a list of all public fishing camps
* WEBSITE: visits the NR website
* SCORES: directs you to the NR Global Tourney Scores page
* YOURSTATS: takes you to your personal website to access your stats and information
* GESTURE: this will give you a gesture to fish with a function key.
* BRAG: announce your rod stats to the world :)
* the menu
* how to fish
* website: takes you to fish.neorealms.com
* main menu: takes you back to the main fishing menu
* manual: this will give this notecard
* stats: takes you to the tour stats page of the website
* scores: takes you to the real-time tourney scores website
You may also say any of these options on channel 1 for the same effect. I.e. /1brag, /1gesture, etc.
There are two types of global fishing tournaments: EVENT ROD (players may use the free event rod or any of their normal rods which will become event rods for the duration of the tourney), and OPEN ROD (any rod and bait are allowed). Keep an eye out on the events page for the next tourney. Before event time, visit the fishing camp shown as the host in the event listing, and click on a registration prim to register. From there, you may visit any Neo-Realms fishing camp to compete. For your catches to count, be sure to be at a Neo-Realms fishing camp. The top 3 total results and best catch will be entitled to trophies, reward points and cash prizes! For more information and to track tour status, please visit our website at http://fish.neorealms.com and for real-time tourney stats visit http://fish.neorealms.net/tourney.php
Event Rod Beginner Mode: All rods become event rods that are equal with a bonus to catching.
Event Rod: Rod level bonuses apply and all rods used are event rods.
Open Rod Beginner Mode: All rods are the same level with a bonus to catching.
Open Rod: Rod level bonuses apply.
Beginner Mode Event Rod BC Roundup: All rods become event rods that are equal with a bonus to catching.
Open Rod BC Roundup: Rod level bonuses apply.
For best results in Open Rod tournaments, use an Epic Rod!
NEW TOURNEY TYPE: BC ROUNDUP!
Best Catch Roundup Tourneys are like 11 5-minute mini-tourneys in one! How it works: There are 11 5-minute rounds, in which the top 10 best catches during the round get 100/50/30/20/10/5/4/3/2/1 points respectively. At the end of the match all of the points from the rounds are added up to find a winner. Round ties are broken by number of catches and total points for that round, and overall points ties are broken by overall catch number and total points.
All Neo-Realms Fishing Camps come equipped with Local Tourneys, allowing the camp owner to conduct mini-tourneys whenever they wish! Look for a scoreboard with boxes stacked. To enter a Local Tourney, click the board when registration is opened. You must stay in within the sim to make sure your catches count for this type of tournament. There are several game modes on local tourneys! They include:
- OPEN: Fish points count directly to the score, similar to an Open Rod Tourney
- AVG: Average mode. This mode all fish, no matter what their actual size are, will count for 50-200 points randomly. This mode is useful for different sizes of rods to compete against each other.
- OPENFIVE: This is OPEN FIVESIES mode, where every 5th fish caught will give 5x point multiplier to the score.
- AVGFIVE: AVG FIVESIES mode, where scores are altered to be randomly 50-200, and every 5th fish caught will give a 5x point multiplier to the score.
- OPEN-ABC: This is OPEN ALPHAFISH mode, where random letters will be called, and if you catch a fish starting with that letter, you will earn a 5x points bonus on that fish. Every minute, there is a 50% chance of the letter to be changed.
- AVG-ABC: This is AVG ALPHAFISH mode, with fish points between 50-200, and a 5x multiplier applied to fish starting with the same letter as the bonus.
As you fish at a Neo-Realms camp, you will acquire reward points. Reward points can be redeemed for prizes on the website. To redeem your points, click on the "yourstats" button on your rod, or touch the box at a NR Fishing Camp to be taken to the Neo-Realms website, where you may peruse the reward entries and decide on your award. From this page you may also check your catch history, see quantities of fish caught, and see which fish you still need to catch!
After receiving quest rewards or winning a fishing tourney, you may receive a reward box. To use a reward box, rez the reward item from your inventory. Click the "load reward" button, and the reward points will be deposited into your player account.
Some items are special, and once they're caught, a prize will follow! For a list of special fish, visit a Neo-Realms camp and look at the info boards for the latest fish.
To use charms, rez them on the ground with your rod out. Once the dialog window opens, select "load charm" to begin. There are two types of charms: Normal and Faded! Beware of faded, there's a chance it might be cursed and you will lose xp! However, if it is a good charm, the rewards will be more!
While fishing, you may have the opportunity to collect rare quest items to trade in for prizes. There are currently two types of quests: Collection Quests, and automatic quests.
Collection quests, like the Goblin, Dwarf, and Elf Boat Quests, the Magic Portrait Quest, the Fishbowl Quest and XP Medallion quests, give you the opportunity to collect rare quest items to trade in for prizes! When you catch a quest reward, you are given a quest counter in your inventory. You only need one of these, as it tells you how many of that particular quest item are saved in inventory.
To craft your quest reward, you will need to add the needed quantity of item to your virtual quest collector. This is your crafting forge that is attached to your player account. You can access this virtual quest collector from any quest item. To add an item to the quest collector, wear the item and click on it to display the menu. Then click the add button and the quantity needed (usually 1). Repeat this for all of the quest items in the quest series. Once you have filled your quest collector with each required piece, click DO QUEST! to craft your reward!
XP Medallion Quests:
The XP Medallion quest is a special quest that will allow you to transfer rod stats to a new rod. This is handy if you have been leveling a smaller rod such as a beginner's rod, and wish to move on to a bigger rod like the Epic Rod. To start this process, first rez the xp medallion to claim the prizes inside. Then, contact Sweegy Manilow to arrange the rod transfer. Once confirmed, you will send a folder with your name on it with the xp medallion and a notecard with the serial numbers of the rods you wish to transfer. You can find the serial number in the chat history when you equip a rod. Note that the target rod will lose all stats on it, and the rod with stats moving will be wiped to 0.
Automatic Quests will happen without you having to do any work. An example of these are the Big Bernie 50, 500 and 5000 quests. Simply by catching 50 Big Bernies you will be sent a prize the next day. These prizes are usually computed at midnight SL time.
Hint: Epic and Pro bait have the highest quest potential, with Quest Bait the best chance of all! Also, be sure to check the fish page of the website to see which quests apply to which class of fish, so you may use the appropriate rod and bait to achieve success.
YOUR OWN FISHING CAMP!
If you'd like to get your own land as a Neo-Realms Fishing Camp, it's easy! Go to your local Neo-Realms rod vendor and purchase the Neo-Realms Fishing System. It's cheap, you can set it up in as many places as you like, and you can make money by rezzing NR fishing vendors on your land that pay 20% commission. There are also Silver and Gold upgrade subscriptions for the serious camp owner that will enable you to participate in global tourneys from your land, receive reward points for fish caught, higher commission rates and more! For more info, please visit http://fish.neorealms.com/franchise.php
If you ever need help, click on the red help prim on top of any Neo-Realms vendor. This will take you to the help ticket system on the web.
THE NEO-REALMS TEAM