5.0 Rods are Here!
Neo-Realms | February 28, 2009, 4:22 am | 
|New features include:|
- Autocasting! When your rod is waiting for the next catch and you activate
another cast, you will get a message saying "Autocasting immediately...".
This will tell your rod to cast the moment the next cast is ready, making
you cast as efficiently as possible.
- You can now fish in Local Tournaments simwide! Fish anywhere in the sim
when a Local Tourney is taking place.
- Rod now supports Local Custom Catches from Camp Owners!
- Rod Options: Fish filtering! You can now set your rod to get all fish in
inventory, just the special items you catch, or just new fish you have never
- Rod Options: Colors! You can now customize your rod colors easily!
- Rod Options: You can now set your catch result text as public whispers
of results or keep it private with messages only to you.
- Rod Options: You can now turn animations on or off.
- Rod Options: You can now turn local custom catches from camps on or off.
- NEW BAIT SYSTEM! No more queue and accidentally overwriting bait! Neo-Realms
fishing now uses the Tacklebox bait system! The tacklebox has storage for
each type of bait, and is stored on your account. When you rez a can of bait,
the quantity will automatically go into your tacklebox account. When you buy
bait from a vendor, it will automatically go into your tacklebox account as
well, so no rezzing of bait is even needed! You will also get a free tacklebox
to rez in-world that will let you transfer bait directly to another player's
tacklebox account, and even can your own bait to give away to people! You
can use the swap bait button on the 5.0 rods to point to which type of bait
you wish to draw from in your account.
- The 'nexttourney' button will tell you when the next global tournament
is, and give you a slurl link to get there!
- The 'nextlocal' button will tell you when the next listed local tournament
is available and give you a slurl link there.
- The 'worldstats' button will tell you the status of the Worldwide Best
Catch, Grouchy Minigame status, and the best worldwide FishGolf round.
- The 'whereami' button will let you know the status of the sim you are in,
if you may compete in global tourneys there, and if it is a Gold Camp, the
current leaders of the camp competitions.
- The 'yourstats' button will take you directly to your personal fishing
website, where you can access your fish caught, camp tools and reward redemption
- Have a problem? Click the 'help'->'HELPTICKET' button to go directly
to the web based help ticket system
- Tools -> Locations will take you to the website where you can see all
the listed camps.
- Tools -> Scores will take you to the scoreboard page of the latest competition.
- Rods level to 40 now! New rod bonuses include chances to be entered into
the Masters Drawing each week as well as increased chance for reward points!
5.0 Update Underway Soon
Neo-Realms | February 28, 2009, 2:00 am | 
|[UPDATE 11:09] Server back online, enjoy 5.0! :)
[UPDATE 11:00] Server is now unavailable while we complete the bait conversions.
We will be beginning the 5.0 update process at 11:00pm. The server will be unavailable for a few minutes while we begin the upgrades. When the servers are available again, you will receive your 5.0 rods when you equip your old rods.
Version 5.0 Rod Update this weekend!
Neo-Realms | February 26, 2009, 2:05 pm | 
|Version 5.0 of the fishing rods are coming this weekend! There's a lot of new features including a new bait system! There will be a brief downtime before the update to begin the database conversion from the old bait system to the new system. When the update is complete, just equip your old rod and a new 5.0 rod will be sent to you. NOTE: if you have a bamboo or tiny rod and have since renamed it, please make sure there is the word "bamboo" or "tiny" still in there. If you receive the wrong type of rod no worries, just contact Sweegy for a replacement. :)|
Neo-Realms Achievement Hat is Here!
Neo-Realms | February 12, 2009, 8:51 pm | 
|Neo-Realms Achievement Hat now available!|
The Achievement Hat tracks your Neo-Realms Fishing accomplishments! Wear this hat and click 'get badges' to fill the hat with your earned badges! The hat also supports custom badges you create and has color change options! You can also view your achievements on your fishing stats webpage.
The NR Achievement Hat is available for 50 reward points in your nearest NR Reward Vendor. Get yours today!
For a list of achievements, click here!
NEW FISH UPDATE!
Neo-Realms | January 20, 2009, 10:09 pm | 
|We've retired some old fish and have added some new ones as well. Here's the new
additions to the waters!
Peanut Butter Jelly
Royal Aqua Cat
Jon E. Angelfish
Silent Joke Whale
Whoon the Everblue